Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: "worth the money"

Do they sell in one of the biggest Audiophile hotbeds in the world? Hong Kong?

I have only heard one of their speakers: the La Traviata which was many years ago and wasn't very good. I would not read the Stereophile review.

Generally speaking, we take the recommendations of people we tend to agree with - if I agree with a film critic about films 9/10 times then I will probably be more motivated to seek out films he recommends. If I read another film critic and I agree with him only 2/10 times then I am less motivated to seek it out.

It may be hard for you to be objective but the AN-E, in the audio press, is one of the most well-regarded speakers in the entire history of audio. Even if you don't like the speaker - they have been well-reviewed by almost every publication. And unlike a lot of other speakers, they have stood the test of time selling (and being well reviewed) in one form or another since ~1981.

Just like Magnepan - I can admit that lots of people love Magnepan (or Apogee) including reviewers - but they're not for me, they've never impressed me. Nor does Soundlab or Quad.

Unless they can open a dealer here then I won't be able to audition another one.

If I had a larger room - my current preference is for Acapella Audio Arts. The High Campanile 2 I can afford but I don't have the room for them. And I'd probably have to replace my power amps to accommodate them.

Edits: 09/10/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.