Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Did you have to take regular engineering courses like Calculus, Differential equations, physics?

Kerr - Ever take any music classes?

Not in college that I can recall. Would have been an elective.

Kerr - It's kinda like that "Stayin' Alive" tune that comes out of your PA system but it's different

I'll take your word for it.

Kerr - beyond your grasp apparently. Hmmm... don't know what live music sounds like, eh? Not too surprising.

Made no sense, but I'm sure it did to you.

Kerr - While you were studying physics and chemistry and learning about the metrics for sound systems, you missed the part about practicability.

I did? Was this in the music classes you were taking? You mean a practicable way to buy mega-expensive wire? Wooden knobs? Brass feet? March behind the pied piper? Yeah, I guess I missed all that. Shame.

Kerr - It's supposed to sound like MUSIC, not static.

Right. Thats why I don't own any phonograph records. Like the dozens you do.

Kerr - David Hannum was taking about YOU, sport! LOL!

The sucker who bought his volume control and tweeter amp for $500 instead of the fluoride you bought? Yeah. I suppose.

Kerr - Go back and measure... listening to music isn't for you. Music is all mathematics anyway.

Strange, that's not what I'm thinking about when sipping on a scotch at a jazz club. Well, at least until I get the tab.

Kerr - And besides, all those people making truly high definition audio components

Like who? You cower and run without showing your system - which you aren't ashamed of right? Self doubt and embarrased to show how silly it is? No? Vaporware! LOL.

Kerr - are all rolling in dough, thanks to "voodoo-ists" like me.

This is a source of pride? It pleases you to make charlatans rich? Thankful that your mind is affected by voodoo? How strong it must be.
David Hannum could never have been referring to you. Never!

Kerr - Enjoy your PA. All this stuff sounds the same anyway.

Well, until you add Shakti stones and green markers. Then *you* really hear a difference.

Kerr - Ah well, better stop before I get thrown outta here. It was fun, though. The last word is yours, Tony Manero.

Bye Kerr, your words of wisdom will be sorely missed, much like missing a sore. Feel free to post your system whenever you stop wearing panties. What's the worst that could happen? We might finally learn who these true high def mystery folks are? Do you recognize the one in the picture?

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.