Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I'm just not sure about one thing

A basic technical control is level matching. I would think using a volt meter at the speaker terminals would be a better way of matching levels than your method. The audio clubs long ago discovered that when decent amps were EQ's to within .1 dB, no one managed to prove under blind conditions that they could tell the difference as long as the amps were in the operating range. When you can do that, then maybe you'll get some results that others might take seriously enough to want to replicate.

morricab
"Name? What are these wonderful mystery machines? The Quad 606? Whatever floats your boat."

Hummmphhh! You have chosen to comment on my speakers without knowing what they are. Under the circumstances, I see no reason to tell you. There's nothing mysterious about them. E-stat knows and you could look them up just as easily as he could. I suggest Inmate Systems.

Quad 606. Well, I like it, and it can drive most speakers quite well, as can lots of other amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.