Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Chip Amp Voicing Is Definitely Dominated By POLLYinFLA's Disastrous Decision!

Hobby,

You stated that I missed the key point, the effects of an equalizer on any given system are independently MEASURABLE. While I'm quite sure that you're correct Hobby about the the effects of an equalizer on any given system being independently MEASURABLE. I see the point as being more one of just because it's measureable that doesn't mean it automatically a good thing. So the point I was attempting to make is should we just accept POLLYinFLA & Behringer's word that the ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 is a component that offers ...extremely high audio performance (which) makes it ideal for audiophile mastering and PA purposes? As you stated it's measureable, but is it use detrimental or advantagous?
=====================================================================
Next Hobby you said: Look at the instructions that accompany the Ultra-Curve Pro DSP8024, specifically look at pages 22 -24 under Section called application, the device is not supposed to be used between the preamplifier and the power amplifier, but BEFORE the preamplifier, i.e. the equalizer should always receive a full signal, another point, did you adjust the input sensitivity accordingly to obtain optimum results, this point pretty much makes placing the equalizer between between the amplifier and the preamplifier a no-no if optimal results are to be obtained, the same should also apply to the DEQ2496.

I'll readily admit I just assumed it was placed between the preamp & amplifier. It's quite possible I am mistaken and will need to ask the owner if that's how it was inserted or if it was done as Behringer suggested in their manuel. Truth be told I cannot answer your question of did the owner adjust the input sensitivity accordingly to obtain optimum results? I will say I believe he did as he's a professional recording engineer and gets pretty picky about those types of things. What I can state as fact is it was immediately noticable in the system even when set to flat and it wasn't an improvement but rather detrimental to the sound. Last thing I knew the owner had removed it completely & has kept it out since then to the best of my knowledge.
=====================================================================
Finally Hobby you ended your post with with to comments: 1) I will answer the response on Peter Aczel in detail in the next few days. Ok I'll look forward to your response.

2) You also suggest that I drop this name-calling business as it is not condusive for rational discussion. I agree with you Hobby it's not condusive for rational discussion. However I hope you'll agree it's just as detrimental for rational discussion when you talk about my intelligence, question my character and suggesting I need physiatric help. As for POLLYinFLA I originally posted to him in a very civil manner, but his first few posts were filled with disparaging comments that refered to my amp as an euphonic noise generator, my speakers as floppy little cones and IIRC refering to me as Tubeboob. He constantly talks about my needing therapy etc. I cannot find one post POLLYinFLA has ever written me that was a rational conversation. Most of his posts are either pathetic attempts a humor with personal digs or just plain ridiculing the person he's posting to and their audio components. As you've now hopefully seen, I address people in the manner they address me.

In any event, I'll be looking forward to your comments on Aczel.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.