Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Yes, less can deliver more.

If you want to cut down on opamps and such in your cd player/DAC then try the Monarchy Audio M24 DAC. I am using it and its fantastic. The analog output stage is a passive IV conversion followed by an SRPP tube output stage. It also has a full tube preamp that I don't use because I really don't need it and it adds an extra stage (it is also SRPP and very good sounding though with a normal power amp). This is how I get only 1 gain stage in the cd player. My amp (kr audio VA350i) uses 3 stages because the "preamp" is passive. So JFET input, MOSFET driver and KR audio T-100 output tubes (1 per channel good for 30 watts). Yep a MOSFET driving an output tube and it works better than any tube driver I have yet heard.

I am using a Silvaweld SWH650 phonostage. Its tube rectified and tube regulated (the only transistor in the whole darn thing is the one for the MC input). Simple passive RIAA equalization means no negative feedback here either.

My TT rig is a Voyd "The Voyd" (3 motor concept with big ass power supply making pure sine waves) with Helius Cyalene arm and Benz Micro H2 cartridge (weakest link IMO).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.