Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

POLLY Boy Read What I Actually Said, Not What You Want It To Mean!

POLLYinFLA,

I'm honestly trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. So either you really need to increase your reading comprehension drastically or else it's you who are guilty of making stories to fit your POV, like you accuse me of doing!

What I fine extremely funny about this particular post is how you'll use the comments of professional reviewers, who are using components, speakers & tweaks you're always ridiculing here in PHP. But now you'll accept the words of these same people whose equipment you always ridicule as valid proof of your beliefs. Simply because they agree with your defense of your beloved pro-audio gear. POLLYinFLA you are a hypocrite!

Here's some info I could find about the equipment used by the reviewers whose reviews you used:

Charles Hansen & Bill Fitzmaurice didn't list any of their associated components! All they did was talk about the Behringer and it's measurements! Nowhere did they mention listening to it at all. So my question to you POLLYinFLA is how did you come to the mistaken impression that they didn't or wouldn't encounter the same problems my friend did when they actually stopped measuring and started listening to the Behringer? You sure are being quite deceptive POLLYinFLA. Is this a character trait of yours I've previously missed?

Next we have Henry Wilkenson. His associated equipment included highend wires like Audience Maestro Interconnects & Speaker Cable, Cardas loudspeaker cable, Acoustic Zen & Straightwire Interconnects (all of which you always ridicule here on PHP) Henry also used a tubed VAC Standard L.E. pre-amp (you always ridicule tubes here) The speakers Henry used were Thiel 1.0, Dynaudio 3.3 speakers (these are the types of designs you ridicule for being uncorrected baffle loss, monopole mode exciters ) and finally Henry used tweaks like P.S. Audio Power Plant P-300 DH Labs Isolation devices Rosinante isolation platform (which you also typically ridicule!) But I guess all that's OK when it supports your POV hypocrite.

As Thorsten Loesch is now designing equipment for AMR, he states that he's using all Abbingdon Music Research components including wires & power conditioning in inmates systems here. However at the time of the article he was using SET amps and singlefullrange speakers. (Both of which you ridicule Polly)
====================================================================
Now when you talk about why these operators didn't apparently seem to have the troubles you believe I did. It shows how little you understand what I'm saying when you read my posts. I, old bird brain, didn't have any "troubles" because I don't own or use any low-end Behringer or any other pro audio components. Had you actually understood what you were reading you would have realized the system in question was that of friend of mine who's a professional recording engineer. Furthermore he's good enough as a professional recording engineer to have actually taught at Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla., which FYI was founded in 1885, is Florida’s oldest recognized college, and is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s best colleges. So I believe he knows a thing or two about how to use a digital equalizer.
====================================================================
As far as you question of What gives? How can I possibly know? I wasn't there when the reviews were doing their reviews was I? However the first article by Thorsten Loesch is something I'd take with a salt-shaker of salt. Thorsten joined my online audio group back around April 2004. Needless to say I proved over time that Thorsten talks negatively about the sonic traits of components he's never heard. That's something you and him have in common POLLYinFLA. When I wrote to Steven R. Rochlin of Enjoy the Music as to how he felt about his reviewers publically posting negative comments about audio components they've never heard. Steve responded very professionally by not talking about Thorsten except to say that he no longer writes for Enjoy the Music! Hmmmmm????

In addition POLLYinFLA, personally I'd question the character of a man who in addition to commenting on the sonic qualities of components he hasn't actually heard, was constantly berating audio manufactuers for a myriad of reasons. Yet now according to Thorsten himself, he's now designing components for AMR audio (http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/) we see that these Thorsten designed components appear to be no different than what he berated other manufacturers for making. If you don't believe me contact SAS Audio and ask Steve Sammet about Thorsten. I'd say Thorsten's a shady character, at least IMHO. Funny thing is the last time I saw what Thorsten's system was composed of it didn't include a Behringer Ultracurve Pro Digital EQ! I find that strange in light of his comments of "I would rate the impact of the Ultracurve on my system in the same region as that of high quality full range drivers or single ended triodes. It brings me closer to the music and makes it easier to forget about the mechanics of reproduction." So it's as good as his beloved SET & Single Fullrange speakers, neither of which are cheap. Yet he doesn't actually use a cheap Behringer himself? Hmmmmm???? In addition we can look at Thorsten's system here in inmates systems and there's no Behringer in there either! Perhaps Thorsten smartened up?

Oh yeah POLLYinFLA since you use Behringers and Thorsten says it is "supposedly" as good as an SET, does that mean you secretly want an SET yourself? Hmmmmm???
=====================================================================
POLLYinFLA asks me are these 4 deaf guys maybe? They could be, they could have been paid to say that and it could be their honest assesment. I just know it's NOT for me.
POLLYinFLA states I should give the newer DEQ2496 a try. Might do wonders for them uncorrected baffle loss, monopole mode exciters ya got there. No POLLYinFLA I'll do without the low-end pro crap for now. As for my Aliantes until you've heard them yoursel personally anything negative you say about them is simply more bird-brained banter that's without merit, much like the posts you write here on PHP all the time.
Just put a Mastersound badge over the B word and it will sound like magic. Maybe even wire up a few glowing tubes and stick 'em on top of the enclosure to warm up the sound a bit. Who knows huh :-) ??

Trust me I know. We could remove the Mastersound name and put Behringer on it and the Mastersound would still sound incredible. It's not the name on the outside bird-brain, it's the guts on the inside that makes it what it is. PLEASE just stay in Tampax, Fla with your hodge-podge of digital equalizers, multiple pro solidstate amps, bastardized pseudo-Orions & Rat Shack wires and keep telling yourself, This is what live unamplified music should sound like, this is what live unamplified music should sound like, This is what live unamplified music should sound like, this is what live unamplified music should sound like... Maybe if you repeat it often enough and believe with all your heart you'll believe that's true one day!

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.