Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Sorry, That Was Another Pathetic Attempt At A Joke By POLLYinFLA

>I don't know why but that's also when I listen to harmonicas. After that it's male & female voices from bass to sopranos<

Interesting. A blues harmonica playing friend of mine likens his instrument to the human voice. However, any argument I might further make falls flat on its face because he blows into a microphone that is sealed against his lips, thereby creating the distortion that Chicago-style blues harpmeisters covet. Oh, well... it sounds good and it is after all the blues!

The reason I use the electric guitar is quite natural - I play it. Of course, I also play the acoustic but I'm primarily an electric player. It's the sound I'm used to and, of course, any electric guitarist can tell which Gibson, Fender or Gretsch someone is playing, along with its age - with a few years fudge factor one way or the other. Same goes with many amps. As with audio gear, I occasionally get fooled but not very often.

The flip side is that I agree with you and Tre that live unamplified music is the barometer. I go listen whenever I can and usually spend a few weeks a year in NYC jazz nightclubbing because I enjoy it and also to help re-calibrate the ol' ears. Stereo gear pales in comparison to live music... or even "dead" (recorded) music. Next time you and AJ trek up to Indiana, stop in and listen... OW! Tom! Stop hitting me! OUCH... I was KIDDING!!!! MOMMEEEEEE!!!! :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.