Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Chip Amp Voicing Is Definitely Dominated By POLLYinFLA's Disastrous Decision!

Hello Tom,

I remember well hearing Nicks setup of Lambda Acoustics version of your Unity horns. It was back when CFAS had our meeting at the local public TV station. They used to allow us to setup in one of their huge rooms which was about the size of a high schools indoor basketball court. Nick setup a monster version of the speaker with two 15" woofers below the Unity Horn and two 15" woofers above the Unity horn too! It things like that that cause me to get such a kick out of that old bird brained POLLYinFLA, constantly disparaging my choices in audio components. He believe's if I'm just shown the "right" setup I'll change my ways! He doesn't seem to believe I've been exposed to things like your Unity Horn when licensed to Lambda or Nelson Pass's First Watt amp just as it was being shown to the general public etc. I guess it's easier for him to believe I make this all up, rather than accept the fact that someone could have listened to most of what's available and still prefer an SET amp.

Tomservo said: Anyway, if you guys wanted to stop by, I would happy to give you the nickel tour. Tom I'd love to hear your new Synergy horn. Where exactly is the NSCA show going to be held in Orlando? I'd really like to meet you. Afterwards you can confirm to the lunatic-fringe objectivists here what a rabid dog I really am! Unfortunately this is happening with WLOQs start of the summer series of outdoor jazz concerts and I seldom if ever miss an opportunity to hear live jazz. But if I can possibly attend I will do so. As I said bfore it would be nice to meet you in person.

Tomservo said: Let me know if you need a hand with your crossovers etc when it’s time. Tom if you have any free time that while you're in Orlando I'll extend to you an open invitation to come and visit my home. You can see the RCA LC9A's and if you wish hear the "Italian Connection" Mastersound/BlueNote/Aliante.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.