Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Chip Amp Voicing Is Definitely Dominated By POLLYinFLA's Disastrous Decision!

Hi Tom

I maybe painted B a little too darkly, the stuff they make is usually very good for the price. Well, Nick’s speaker was the first generation Unity Horn alignment, about 7 years ago now.
Back then, it was as good as I could get it.

That was a 2way horn with a compression driver and 4 mids on one horn body so it was “one source” from about 300Hz up...
After 5 years of fooling around with them, I found enough “things” to warrant a second patent application and am calling the new version a Synergy horn.
The SH-50 I had at the AES thing a couple weeks ago and the SH-25 (which will be introduced at the NSCA show in Orlando of all places, the 14th thru the 17th) are 3 way horn systems, 3 (frequency range) sets of drivers on one horn..
With the SH-50, the time is preserved well enough to reproduce a square wave from about 220Hz to 2600Hz, a range which spans 3 sets of driver and there crossovers and its polar pattern is that of one CD source.
We were going to demo a big Tapped horn woofer we made too but someone at the trade show got scared a couple weeks ago and now it is just going to be parked, with a ladder so you can go inside.. We weren’t going to crank it up loud but I was going to play the fireworks recording.
http://riekersoundreinforcement.blogspot.com/
Anyway, if you guys wanted to stop by, I would happy to give you the nickel tour.

Let me know if you need a hand with your crossovers etc when it’s time.
Best,

Tom Danley

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.