Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Chip Amp Voicing Is Definitely Dominated By POLLYinFLA's Disastrous Decision!

"So the point I was attempting to make is should we just accept POLLYinFLA & Behringer's word that the ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 is a component that offers ...extremely high audio performance (which) makes it ideal for audiophile mastering and PA purposes? "

Are you suggesting that they cease to market their products with favourable language, they are not making any outlandish claims for their product nor do they judge their product to have a performance that is impossible to capture by measurment, if their liberal use of the word "high audio performance" does not meet your expectation then you move on, I do not see why there is a problem here.

"I'll readily admit I just assumed it was placed between the preamp & amplifier. It's quite possible I am mistaken and will need to ask the owner if that's how it was inserted or if it was done as Behringer suggested in their manuel. Truth be told I cannot answer your question of did the owner adjust the input sensitivity accordingly to obtain optimum results? I will say I believe he did as he's a professional recording engineer and gets pretty picky about those types of things. What I can state as fact is it was immediately noticable in the system even when set to flat and it wasn't an improvement but rather detrimental to the sound. ."

Well, the DSP8026 is a relatively complex beast, it certainly a'int plug n' play, learning how to use it pays dividends. And flat is about the worst setting you can use, the manual advices against using 'flat' response for many situations, so using the 'flat' setting as a benchmark for performance is misleading and not necessarily indicative of the performance of the unit.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Chip Amp Voicing Is Definitely Dominated By POLLYinFLA's Disastrous Decision! - theaudiohobby 14:39:14 03/05/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.