Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

It is a sad time

when a man who claims to have a degree in physics, and claims to have been a project engineer for the Mars landers accepts Posey's mathematical model. It is doubly sad when that man, who has for years been avoiding any 'hard' answers, claims to be a 'scientist'. To resort to name calling and insults is not really the 'scientific' way, nor is it productive in any way. It is simply a reflection of that person's character and his utter contempt for the sharing of knowledge and a refusal to move forward.

Over a year ago I warned you that such outbursts actually demean your reputation and casts you in a very unfavorable light, ruining your credibility. That was offered out of sincere respect and concern. That you have chosen to ignore such warnings with rather flippant replies and seem to have to constantly make "stalker" alerts, well, makes you appear even more ludicrous. It is a conscious choice which you and only you have made.

What you may not know is that Posey and I have had pleasant exchanges off forum. I would rather preserve such a relationship, as it were, rather than to lash out for a few seconds of vindication, which, in the overall scheme of things is meaningless, trifle, and childish (at least to me).

I ask difficult questions sometimes, and it may frustrate some. In my thinking, saying 'I do not know' is no mortal sin. Some of my most brilliant friends, PHD's in various fields from molecular biology to cosmology will say "I don't know." I do not hold it against them, and I rather admire their honesty in saying so.

In your example, I thought it rather poor because at the very least Einstein and Lemaitre or whomever, demonstrates a predictability of events even before practical application proved the theory right. I find that very important in determining causality. The fact that the math was difficult to disprove makes it easier to verify, but I am sure as a physics major that would and should have been very obvious to you.

It is possible to create a mathematical model before 'proof' is found, and it is also possible to have observational data and then to construct a working hypothesis and then a model, usually mathematical. This does not rule out any Beltist observations or tweaks. I was simply questioning the causality and there is where I have my doubts, from my experimentation and observation.

As far as a search for 'improved' sound, I am not afraid to try unusual 'tweaks', and I have reported such observations here and elsewhere. I do my own speculation and these are based on usually years of trial and error. PWB states that they have had 25 years of experience I can honestly say I have the same amount of time and perhaps even more in certain applications. Does that make for any further validation? In my mind, no, it does not. I do have a working hypothesis for some effects, however, and it should be measurable and replicable, even if I lack the required instrumentation.

I simply do not not understand your fear to confront the unknown. It takes work, and it takes time, but it is nothing to be afraid of.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.