Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "Do the test, you'll have the answers."

>>And what answers might those be? <<

Petey, Petey, Petey, Petey, Pete. I'm gonna have to subtract some marks off from your score for this. The "answers" I was referring to in my convo with Zanash when I said "Do the test. You'll have the answers", was in response to him attributing the effect of hand lotion on CD's to everything from static forces to "van der waal" forces. I was telling him that if he did the test I suggested, of applying the lotion to a passive CD (assuming he hears the same improvement I did), he would have his answer. The clue was in the phrase "Wayyyy off. It's Beltism.".

Let me take the opportunity to point out that there have been a LOT of people discussing all these theories about how the hand lotion works. Most of them have not even done a single test of the lotion, to see if they can even hear its effect, according to what was posted. Including you, btw. So far, myself and Zanash are the only two that have even tested this tweak (not counting the false claims of a certain known loud troll with a hidden agenda...). And of all the people talking about this tweak and how it might work, so far, I'm the only person that tested it to find out how it does work. I'm pretty confident I'm right, but I'm not out to "prove" anything to anyone, I'm saying people should prove it to themselves, and here's a simple cost-free method how, which takes 20 seconds to do. So I guess the obvious question is, since you're interested in what I wrote about how it works, why haven't you tested it according to my suggestions?

>>You seem to have plenty of hunches about positive and negative energy that humans can detect<<

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any such hunches. The closest thing to what you describe that I know of, are my -facts- about such energy, from much experimental data.

>> but these appear to be no more than wild hunches since the ideas are never accompanied by any validation of the ideas.<<

I can understand how they "appear to be wild hunches" to someone who doesn't have clue one as to what Beltism is and how it might work. So believe it or not, I'm not that shocked by your reaction. How about we make an agreement? Why don't you do hundreds of Beltist research experiments for a 20 year period, like I have, and then come back to me on this, and tell me what your conclusions are? If you find all your conclusions are just "wild hunches", then I will begin to respect your informed opinion.

As for your claim that I have no validation of my confirmation of these ideas, what the heck would you know about that? Where you overseeing all of my experiments? I certainly don't recall discussing them in detail with you. Probably because I didn't. More importantly, I'm not stopping you from doing your own experiments.

>>How are humans able to detect these positive and negative energies?<<

They detect them subconsciously via the senses; we're born like this. To become aware of them requires a conscious effort. As with most things in audio (unless you've traded someone's ProAc Tablettes for Duntech Sovereigns without them noticing....).

>>Will someone hear the benefits of having Peter's special sauce rubbed on their cables if that someone does not know his cables have been sauced? <<

Something tells me you're confusing Peter Belt for Ronald McDonald. Are you having a Big Mac Attack (tm) or something, Pete? If I read correctly through your bemusement, the answer is yes. Rubbing Peter's 'special sauce' without someone knowing what I did is one of those "validation of the ideas" you claimed I never did. It was done several times in an SBT. IOW, no, none of this is a placebo, despite what your prejudices are hard at work telling you right now. That however, does not mean you can secretly treat someone's cables and two days later when they turn the stereo on, they'll be so blown away by the dramatic change in sound, they will be able to SMELL the musicians in the room.

That's a hobbyist mistake typical of amateurish thinking in audio. You can change a person's actual cables and they are unlikely to notice it, if you don't tell them you changed something. That's because there's a huge difference between critical listening, and casual listening (that's why we note the difference with a change in adjective). In critical listening, you're listening for changes and in casual listening, you're just listening to your system to enjoy the music it plays. Unless you are hyper-aware of the SQ of your system on a day-to-day basis (like me), which requires great listening skills and attention to details, you are unlikely to notice any such changes from either conventional or advanced audio techniques. (Of course, you would go ahead and argue that if you told someone a change is taking place, then we're all supposed to assume they will automatically take it as a positive change, even if you did nothing). And so the merry-go-round goes, and everyone continues doing as they have been.

>>If odds are generally good and evens generally bad, is it important for the listener to always be apprised of the count? <<

Yes, but only if they care about having the best sound. It appears to me that most Belters don't notice it. Note that each treatment improves the sound incrementally as under conventional laws, but where treatments are susceptible to the odd/even rule, each other treatment will improve in the -wrong way-.

>>Is it still considered odd if the listener loses count and believes it is even?<<

Again, not a placebo, so NO. If you're counting 52 cards in a deck and you're at your 27th card but you missed registering one, does that mean you have an even number of cards in your hand, despite the fact that you're really holding 27? I did not know anything about the odd/even rule theory prior to when I came across it in my own experiments. I only discovered it existed, later. That's a hell of a coincidence, wouldn't you say?

"silence tells me secretly, everything..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Do the test, you'll have the answers." - Posy Rorer 13:17:05 07/25/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.