Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Usually inverting the polarity

of a driver in a system designed with it inverted actually creates a hump, rather than a notch. The inverted driver, being reversed to the polarity of the adjacent driver will generate cancellation where the frequencies overlap, and thus give the system a perceived steeper roll off at the crossover point.

I find the humps generally acceptable as it is not always that there is music in that overlap range. In your case, I would guess that the crossover is in the 2K to 3KHz range. Being that tuning A is about 440 Hz, you're in the fourth harmonic range for the most part.

As for hearing sensitivity range, calculate the distance between your ears (seriously !). That would translate to a wavelength of about 2.2 K Hz or thereabouts. Hearing sensitivity should be centered on about that frequency. Also consider the range of human voice: about middle C (~260 Hz) and up three octaves to about 2.1k Hz. Piano scale runs about 30 Hz to about 10k Hz. Because of the logarithmic nature of hearing, human perception is remarkably skewed to the bottom end of the scale, numerically.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.