Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Hand Cream and static.

Just to say I'm open minded on the pwb thing ...some things have worked for me and others have not.

All I will say is that if the pwb creams work half as well as the "hand cream tweak" then they should be a good investment.

I've only treated on cd to prove the effect..the idea was passed on to me by a freind. Its relatively messy and makes the cd hard to handle ...think off trying to put an eel into your cd draw !

I've been able to get similar improvements ie the same sounding, from the use of phonosophies's cd flux, though this doesn't give the extra deep bass the hand cream does. Using a CD lathe in conjunction with the cd flux takes the the openness [space and air around the instruments] several steps further than the "hand cream"...but at a considerable setup cost .

As to the static explanation...its possible but I feel theres more going on than that. Such a fundamental alteration of the sound by the aplication of a lipid based product seems odd in the extreme.

May be those who propund the static idea could test a cd with a"gold leaf electroscope"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroscope

this should be able to show if the cd carries any static.

I'm more inclined [though I have no evidence] to think is more likely a molecular force ...van de waals forces ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force

Though again why this would be affect cd play back is beyond me.

Remember I only posted this as I was able to hear an effect, I don't pretend to have any answers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.