Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Only because Posy claimed that was my "problem"...

>>> "I'm simply trying to get to the facts of the matter. You say "attitude" has no bearing. Great, I suspected as much. However, Posy directly contradicts this, hence my questions to you. He does a lot of speaking for Belt effects and I figured it would be best to actually hear from a Belt on the truth of the matter." <<<

Methinks you are just being argumentative - you seem to be wanting to be argumentative over the word "attitude".

My reply was that you do not have to be a 'believer' to hear the effects of our treatments.

I, however, think that Posy, if he mentioned 'attitude', must have been meaning that if you have a definite 'attitude' of absolute disbelief, going into an experiment or into a situation, then that 'attitude' must play a part.

Just as if you went to hear an opera but went with a dislike for the composer, or a dislike of the particular conductor of the orchestra, or a dislike for the particular theatre seat you have been allocated - or all three - then it would not be surprising if you came away not having enjoyed the performance !! Alternatively, it does not mean that if you went to the performance liking the composer, liking the conductor, liking the particular theatre seat it would be guaranteed that you would enjoy the performance.

When intelligent people are holding a discussion, then such things are taken 'as read', as so generally understood that they are not mentioned, it is presumed (giving the people you are discussing with the credit of having intelligence) that it is already understood that such things take place so they don't need to be referred to or explained EVERY TIME.

Similarly, regarding the response "If you heard changes to the sound which we cannot understand, then it must be suggestion, the placebo effect, imagination, audio faith healing or effective marketing." When intelligent people are holding a discussion, then such things as taken 'as read' - as so generally understood that they are not repeated over and over again. It is already understood (between intelligent people) that those are the FIRST things intelligent people will consider, then the second, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth. Only THEN, after all those things have been considered repeatedly and found not to be the explanation, do people ask "What else can be going on ?"

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.