Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Tom, I had the same experience with a Shakti stone...

Hi Posy,

I'm 100% sure that the weight itself played a part in damping the transformers and/or chassis. However I also believe these devices are somehow effecting the magentic field around them as well. I suppose that's why people claim there are differences in the VPI magic brick, the Shakti stone and the Quantum Physics noise disrupter, i.e. amount of weight of each device and how it effects the magnetic field around the transformers.

I admit your theory sounds plausible. I have not attempted to use just an object of some weight on my amp's transformers. I also don't own any of the previously mentioned devices to compare with a heavy object of given weight. I wonder did your friend hear a difference immediately when he put the Shakti stone on the amps, or did he notice after some time or after removing them?

Everyone I know personally who has used any of these devices only noticed an effect after some decent amount of time passed or after removing them (IMHO that's the best way. Leave them on for about 20mins and just keep listening. Then while a song is still playing have someone remove the device from the transformer --- BAM! That's when you'll hear what it was doing, after it's gone!) Just like the Joni Mitchell song says, don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you had till it's gone...

Maybe Robert will let me try his Shakti stone. If he does I'll try comparing it against something of equal weight and see if I hear any differences.

Good listening to you Posy, Thetubeguy1954

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.” Richard Feynman theoretical physicist, 1918-1988

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.