Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The truth of the matter...

>> "The reason I continued reading was that your behaviour was a bit different to that
>> I had seen before of a few audiophiles preparing in public for a controlled
>> listening test of cables and then backing out."
>
> Is there an inference here that I somehow backed out of being tested? If it is I'd
> like to see you try and support the notion.

That is not what the sentence says.

>> "Your answer to my question has only confirmed my view of what was probably going
>> on based on the threads."
>
> This point is worthy of further elaboration on your part.

Only if you ask for it since I am not pushing this along.

Your behaviour when defining the test was irrational. My interpretation of the probable cause is that your responses looked more to be those of someone who was confused and uncertain rather than someone who had come to realise the situation (i.e. the test was going to be failed) and is trying to delay and back out. Clifff using the same information would appear to interpret things differently.

> Kramer's performance is the chief detail as to why this testing never came to
> fruition.

The test did not happen because you did not send in a protocol that was agreed by both parties.

> He took great pains to make it look like something else, including the use of
> outright lies.

I can see no evidence of him taking great pains. Once it became fairly clear what was happening he let his frustration show rather than working at being professional.

> What does that tell YOU about the guy? What does that tell YOU about the
> 'negotiation' process? What does that tell YOU about the integrity of the JREF
> Challenge?

I can see nothing in your application that questions the integrity of the challenge. All you had to do was submit a protocol, modify the points of contention while leaving the agreed points alone and after one or two exchanges it is done. The JREF side was trying to do this almost upto the end but you were not. Exactly what you were doing is debatable.

What I did view as a bit odd was not corresponding in a neutral manner but I guess there is a significant element of show business in what they do.

> First half, last half...I don't claim perfection, but I assure you, between JREF and
> myself, I was the only party honestly working toward seeing a test come into being.
> Why you, and others like you, can not see that is the real issue here.

The postings are on JREF to give an idea of what happened. I can see little to suggest dishonesty one either side. But your irrational behaviour cannot be disputed.

> Kramer's betrayal of his fellow sceptics pains me more than his treatment of myself
> because I know the truth. As yet, you guys don't.

Kramer has betrayed nobody that I can see. He let himself down a bit by not behaving in more professional manner but that would appear to be about the limit of it.

> The aggravating thing for me is
> it's like you guys don't want the truth.

The truth about your paranormal abilities concerning the chip or your interaction with the JREF?

I think you should probably accept the fact that neither is of importance to anybody but yourself except as a topic to chat about in a group like this. The former is because nobody believes you have paranoraml abilities and the second is because they are reasonably content with what they have seen on JREF with the odd exception like Steve Eddy.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.