Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Anomalies and mechanisms

May,

Now to the substance:

>>Acting on the 'sound' information travelling through the hearing mechanism - and that is 'stress chemicals' !! Stress chemicals caused by us (human beings) not being able to 'sign off' the environment as 'safe'.<<

That's not what I mean. You're still missing what I mean by "mechanism."

Several days ago we resolved, I think, that it's not even necessary for us to be AWARE of the stressors in order for them to have an effect. Further, you agreed that the presence of the environmental changes need not be perceived even by the subconscious mind. Did I understand correctly?

And can I safely assume that we--people--are the source of those "stress chemicals"? Like pheromones, sort of?

But before our brains (or sweat glands, or thymus, or whatever the source of these chemicals) can produce those stress chemicals, they must be stimulated. Somehow the "threat" has to act on them. If there is no awareness, how do those sources of stress cause those chemicals to be emitted? There must be a causal link between the presence of a threat and the reaction to threat--in your proposal the creation or emission of these chemicals.

This is basic logic. I'm saying only that in order for their to be a link, there has to be a link. Nothing more. And if you acknowledge this--that something has to tie stimulus to response--you run into all sorts of other logical problems. And if you don't agree that there has to be a causal link, you're in effect saying there's causality without causality.

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.