Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: I do believe

Hi Stu,

When I was playing around with CD resonance this morning it occurred to me that I could probably quantify the results by looking for spurs in the spectrum of the focusing coil current at the resonant frequency of the CD.

But that's way more work than I care to do. Although I still rely upon my CD player and DAC in the main system, it's days are ultimately numbered. I haven't used the player in the study system for almost a year as I'm happy as a dead pig in the sunshine driving it with my computer.

I'm really impressed with your player tweaks, the ferrofluid is interesting. If you are going to continue in this vein, it probably would be worth springing for a binocular microscope so you can see your way clear to probe deeper. Me, I'm just gonna end up eventually with my collection on a server and keep the originals for backup. It may be a while but I've now had enough experience to know that it's the way I want to go. If there was any question, seeing how many things you have found that improves CD players drives more nails in their coffin for me.

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I do believe - rick_m 12:27:36 07/24/07 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.