Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: the many and the few...

Elitist/sales types will find posting here absolutely useless, as most members are building THEIR OWN equipment.

You can't pervert or twist that around-- it's simply true.

So, WHY wouild someone like myself post here when it is obvious that there's nothing in it for me?

Am I stupid? Perhaps so! But I have done this BECAUSE I WAS ASKED TO by people who genuinely care about advancing the state of audio amplifiers.

THOSE people WANTED IT POSTED. So it would NOT BE LOST.

You see, these folks see beyond you and I. They are looking into a future when I am gone, and YOU ARE ALSO. What they want is the reason that these construction approaches are used.

They DO NOT WANT schematics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANY IDIOT can get all of those he wants! They want to know WHY my amps outperform all else. And outlast all else. And DO NOT CHANGE AT ALL-- over thousands of hours use. And require NO adjustments-- ever..

I repeat They DO NOT WANT SCHEMATICS and they DO NOT WANT conventional science. They want to know WHY----------------THESE------------------
amplifiers do what THEY DO.

I have done the best humanly possible to convey this to THOSE KINDS of forum members-- NOT to the self-assured numbers-correct crowd.

This WAS NEVER meant to downgrade anyone or anyone's thinking-- or any one's preferences for what sounds he likes.

It was to explain WHY--------------THESE---------------------amplifiers do what they do-- nothing more.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.