Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: sorry...

Death, I am sad that my friend died. Sad, not bitter. I'm disappointed that the people running the new business I was so excited about turned out to be incompetent jerks. But I'm looking forward to moving on.

You get to a certain age, Death, and you start to realize things. I want to know your age because I want to know if you understand death -- and life.

Everyone knows from some point in childhood that they're going to die eventually. But it takes a number of decades to really come to terms with it and to feel it in your bones. You reach a certain age, and Death becomes a constant traveling companion. This is terrifying, but also liberating. It makes you conscious of how finite everything is, and how unimportant most things really are, up to and including our own lives. It frees you not to become obsessed with the material.

There are billions of people on this planet and every one of them is going to die. Death is the final closing of the door. But as long as you have your health and spirit, you are still very much alive and kicking and in the game.

Dennis did not "lose it all." He lost the most superficial part of his existence -- his possessions. While I commend Dennis's "composure," his reaction is what I would expect of any grown man who has been around long enough to know his place in the world and to see life in perspective.

Life is expendable. Very few people will leave a legacy that lasts a millenium, let alone "all time." Again, Mr. Drama Queen, though you've made this out to be much more than it really is, I was simply commenting on the absurdity of your claim that Dennis would leave an eternal legacy.

Nothing more, nothing less. Any added drama is solely of your own creation.

-Henry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: sorry... - op48no1 09:52:50 09/02/12 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.