Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Addendum

Yes I imagine they are different. They sound different on the same speakers to a whole bunch of people so yes, the signal must be different. I don't think anyone is saying it isn't.

However since it is reliably different to people who really know what they are listening to, then why? That is where the inspection and research needs to focus.

Am I interested in doing it? Nope.
Do I know anyone that is? Well maybe interested but can't be arsed is more ike it?

Now why would that be?
Because the journey is more fun than the why could be one answer.

Science has on more than one occasion had to deal with problems like this. Where the world around doesn't fit the equations we know and the human condition.

It is absolutely pointless to say that experienced people are not hearing stuff just because you, and others like you say you don't have the knowledge to measure it. Your arguments are not convincing those that hear what Joe is talking about. I'm not talking about mumbo jumbo explanations for things people hear; that's another thing entirely.

I've heard the differences in exotic cables, mains cables and the like. Do I spend money on this stuff? Nope. I DIY my own cables. My interconnects vary from flat silver but are mainly magnet wire. I tend to like pure copper. But that's just me.

I also know if you don't want to hear something, you won't. If you don't want to put in the time to educate your ears, your brain, you won't hear the things Joe is talking about. That's not wrong. It's a preference. But if that's your preference, you are in no better a position than the folk that use mumbo jumbo to explain some of these things. You just at the polar opposite of the spectrum. Both camps are a bit deluded.

If there was any money and I mean decent money in finding out why this stuff does what it does, there would be someone on the case. But there isn't any money so no "scientist" is going to do the work.

cheers,

Stephen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Addendum - Stephen R 05:33:11 09/04/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.