Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: "Permanently" is so inflexible...

I do what I can. Actually, for the first two years after my equipment went "public" and won some awards, I refused to post-- realizing what might happen if I presented ideas that were not approved by the judgmental type of DIY'er.

I started posting after it was requested by a large enough group of new audio friends who thought that the ideas would benefit the state of the art.

I quit posting when the going got rude and ridiculous, but People asked me in E-Mails and phone calls-- to keep on posting as they were applying the ideas and getting good results... they told me not to be "intimidated by a small minority".

That was the only reason to keep posting here. Once I realized that the majority were benefitting from the unusual posts, I set myself aside, and considered other people like I was doing before the *silencing* team arrived.

I did realize, and do now-- that the human race has always done this-- try to destroy the messengers of new ideas-- especially ideas that apply and work.

It is a question of how many forum members appreciate the discussions VS how many are afraid of the unusual ideas and apps.

I have a lot to do besides audio, and enjoy all of it. I love good music, so that is the only reason I develop better technology to hear it. Many others involved in audio do also-- nothing is really the result of only one person.

What one person can do is focus on something that advances the Art. Whether that is popular or not is not a valid consideration. The performance of the applied idea is what is relevant..

It's all about really high performance and whether people want that difference in their own musical listening. There are other desirables such as long component life and absolute stability-- with the extra benefit that no adjustments need ever be made to really good equipment.

In the final say-so, it's really up to the individual how much of this-- or none of it-- that he wishes to use.

I think that men of good will can discuss anything anybody cares about--and can still stay civil and honest.

People don't always do that. Sometimes the villain takes the position of accuser. This is usually a result of lack of confidence somewhere in the person's makeup. Maybe he's just short on cash and feels bad when someone else spends his last buck on performance-improving parts and methods. Maybe his wife won't let HIM do it!

That kind of thinking should have no bearing whatsoever on audio discussions. Those should simply seek to understand what is working best for a given circumstance.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.