Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Addendum

OK, so you insist that the sound differences between the silver and the copper wire are real. Do you, then, agree that this MUST mean that the ouptut voltage Vout(t) from the "silver" amplifier is different from the output voltage Vout(t) from the "copper" amplifier?

Would you agree that given sufficiently accurate measuring apparatus, it MUST therefore be possible to discriminate between the two signals?

Do you think that present-day measuring apparatus is sufficient to be able to discriminate between the two, or are you saying that there are differences, but that the apparatus is not of sufficient precision to spot the difference?

Note: I am NOT suggesting that by looking at the measurements, one could necessarily predict which signal would sound the more musical. I am simply suggesting that there must be measurable differences if the sounds are different, and that one should then begin to be in a position to start formulating hypotheses about what characteristics are correlated with more "musical" sounds.

Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Addendum - cpotl 19:34:31 09/03/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.