Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Perhaps..........

Hi Neff,

I haven't the time this morning to simulate that, but as I was posting last night, I thought to myself " only Neff has worked this out to some degree with larger chokes ".

I will work on that some over this weekend. If I build a monoamp, the unit never does 120 mA. Instead, a Loftin-White's total current (like the FI "X") is maybe half that, roughly about 60 mA. So, I need to "play" with your assumptions some, which I never knew previously. Now I do, give me a few days.

One can see mikeyb's, Triode_Kingdom's (and other's) 10 HY 150 Ohm Ls are "OTL", too large in HY in dynamic terms. They may work on an industrial shaker table application.

Also, if we use solid state rectification, the differences in Dynamic Z becomes even more apparent, and more-so in favor of a modern supply. The L-Critical dynamic Z stays around 400 Ohms, and the modern supply can get to be below 100 Ohms. That is what JLH uses, Cree rectifiers. I presently am a directly heated tube rectifiers paralleled fan.

I need to see how your filter suggestion scales to an actual amp, to see how useful your suggestion becomes. TWO QUESTIONS NEFF : I assume, when you say bridge rectifier, you mean a solid state bridge, correct ? What is the large step size current change you use, so I can try that out. I am always 15%, an arbitrary choice, held constant. Also, I try to "show" all my circuit and simulated current change assumptions on the screen shots, so people can duplicate it all at home.

To be reviewed, thanks.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.