Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Education and growth

I know most have no background in critical thinking about human subjects studies.

I can give you academic references for everything I said about methods, but they will not be in SMPTE journals.

EE is not somehow separate from all other human knowledge gathering enterprises.

It strikes entirely possible to demonstrate that people can hear directionality. The guy you're reporting to the Feds for AC cables seems to have done that in the Sprey/Slagle encounter.

What would constitute "proof" for you that some people can hear the directionality, in at least some contexts?

And if it is demonstrated that at least Pierre and Ron can do this say 8 or 9 out of 10 times, but nobody can produce a journal article citing measurements where does that leave things?

I put "proof" in quotes because I don't believe that you know what a proof entails and how that cf fits in with different research paradigms and I would hesitate to use that term in any research involving musical audio perceptions. There are are too many variables to permit establishing a logico-mathematic proof as you likely envision it.

To you. it is rambling because I am beyond your intellectual comfort zone and level of training, but the fact is your approach to the question is lazy and kind of blindered.

There are huge libraries of books on the research method issues I am talking about. Maybe a few EEs read some of them, but most did not. As I continue argue, EEs are no experts on the last 100 years of scientific thought and really suck at human research questions.

I gave you a few references and keywords. Check them out, even on Wikipedia. Kuhn and Vienna Circle for starters. This is a major field of research and scholarship, definitely related to this discussion, and it may help you out to learn more. No joke.

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.