Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What transformers are you using?

Hello and thanks,

A propos the transformers, I've already answered this question, so I'll paste the existing reply from me:

" The transformers you mention are the interstage and the output. They are wound by a colleague who is our national pride in signal transformer winding. He sacrificed years from his life, lots of copper wire in the thrash and lots of trial and error to get ultimate transformer performance and his stuff is really good. All of my audiophile DIYers order from him. The problem is, he is currently too busy right now to do private orders. The transformer are wound with an interleaved pattern I prefer not to go into details He also uses impregnated paper as dielectric between layers because it sounds the most natural and the bobbin wire is listened to to find out its direction before winding the transformer."

and

"My colleague wounds only on single C cores with double bobbins and uses his own special "asymmetric" interleaving from which he has achieved in one of his best projects 15 Hz at -1dB and 160KHz at -1dB. He prefers square shaped C-cores and has wound projects even on amorphs like AMCC500 from Hitachi. He has wound for tubes like 300B, 2A3, GM70, 4P1L, EL34, 6P45S, 6S33S.
He doesn't have a website, but he records data of his projects on his PC. Unfortunately, many of his measurement data were lots because of a HDD crash. He told me he had some on his new computer scattered and I will do my best to find some and post here.
He is kind of very busy right now, but he told me he plans to increase production soon. Our local audiophile community really hopes he does.
He also winds chokes with split bobbins (6,8) on single C cores. The purpose is to get low stray capacitance, which passes less noise through the choke."

Regards,
Alexander.

Edits: 09/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What transformers are you using? - aknaydenov 21:56:27 09/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.