Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: It seems to be a diurnal variation.

While some may regards p=line conditioning as being ineffectual, I find that addressing power grid variations to be the key to consistent performance. To be certain, power line conditioning covers many aspects and issues and very few line conditioners (affordable ones, that is) can address all possibilities.

I used a large number of PLC's including some based on Corcom modules. The Corcom module based ones were used primarily for front end gear with more limited current draw. I left my amps unfiltered until I tried the Shunyata Hydra which did a marvelous job on large current devices but worked poorly for the small current components. I also find that the divide and conquer concept very beneficial in using separate conditioner stages to isolate every device in the audio chain.

One interesting step was the installing of two ferrites per power cord on every appliance plugged into the home power grid. You need to place the ferrites at the ends of the power cords but that noticeably lowers the amount of hash on the power grid. You can pick up ferrites fairly cheaply from Digikey these days, but when I had experimented with them about 15-20 years ago, I had to order them from the factory (Steward, IIRC). I don't like them on the audio components, but they work well on the lamps, clock radios, frig and other things on your power grid.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.