Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "But I do feel that gear should be able to work well in the real world without band-aids."

Hi May,

Yes, I can see replies to all posts.

My experience is that that sort of alertness is sensory, usually hearing, sometimes smells, rarely sight if I'm at home. While I often don't know the source at first I always know which sense it came in on and initially investigate further using that sense.

In the above case the path is through the senses. If my brief experiment with generating a "Schumann resonance" frequency is telling, then there are also other routes. In both cases however I would say the effect was directly upon the person. If, on the other hand, I generate a signal which causes problems by altering the output of my audio system but doesn't if it's not active, I would say that is acting directly on the system, not on the listener who hears it as an alteration of the system's output. You've said it yourself a zillion times: Does it affect the sound waves in the room?

That's my take on it at any rate...

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.