Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "Schumann generators I'm thinking of generate about a 10Hz magnetic field from an internal loop antenna."

Transverse Electromagnetic Field?
Daisy field?
Field of dreams?
Out standing in my field?
I aim to please!

Well, you squirt the AC current into the loop, the current goes round and round and it comes out transmogrified into a magnetic field. And heat. Mostly heat actually. Since the radiation resistance is low, it isn't a very good match to free space and the near field is almost all magnetic so it's usually called a magnetic field, especially by them's that are not too fussy. If you're in the mood you can calculate the field strength using the Biot-Savart law. It's especially easy for the on axis field from circular filaments.

You're asking ME??? I would be glad to offer an absolute guess: Maybe it's the mean height of the listener's head sitting or standing. If that's the case it could indicate that whatever the mechanism is it is quite sensitive to the MAGNETIC field vector.

Regards, Rick

Posted by geoffkait

RE: "10Hz magnetic field from an internal loop antenna."
------------------------------
Please don't say "magnetic field."

A pop quiz for rick_m:

1. How can a relatively small loop antenna produce an 10 Hz EM wave?

2. Why is the recommended height above the floor for the SF generator
often reported as about 5 ft.?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Schumann generators I'm thinking of generate about a 10Hz magnetic field from an internal loop antenna." - rick_m 11:57:01 11/13/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.