Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: I like to see people getting what their hearts desire with this pursuit of ours...

"It's been my experience that MANY of the things people choose to pooh pah are in REALITY the things that put a system over the top"

I agree. In my own experience, when I was younger, I laughed at tube amps (I was a big Klipsch fan, go figure) until I brought one home and it beat the hell out of my Krell. I could not believe this old tube amp (Dynaco ST-70) sounded better than my Krell. Then I got on this "all tube equipment is better than all SS equipment" kick. Well that was a mistake too. As was my decision to only buy Klipsch speakers at the time. Well years later later and a crap ton of equipment later I have been trying to keep a more open mind on things. I still need a lot of work on that as you can see :)

"There's a concept called 'last tweak syndrome' which states that the last tweak usually seems like the most effective simply because it ALSO showcases the effect of previous efforts"

That's a great concept, never thought of it that way.

I'm open to suggestions as long as they don't cost me a bunch of $$
The only real tweak I have done is mount my turntable to the exterior wall of the house. Funny thing is, it cost me about $15 and it was the best thing I have done to my system.

Funny: I had a Linn Axis on my system for some time, then got a fully loaded LP12, (I did the wall mount a while after having the LP12) it sound better, but never as good as I expected it to. I bet if I would have done the wall mount while I had the Axis in my system I would have noticed a better improvement when switching over to the LP12. This goes back to your point about the "last teak syndrome".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.