Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "But I do feel that gear should be able to work well in the real world without band-aids."

Hi May,

You definitely have a different view of it than I do. I regard my senses as part of me so if they're affected, I'm affected. But I can see where you're coming from. Watching a boxer get slugged on TV isn't exactly the same as being on the receiving end of it myself. So when you say direct, I'll understand that usually you mean bypassing our senses, or at least believed to. Of course I've no idea what the mechanism is for sensing ULF radiation. I wouldn't be surprised if it's done in the inner ear.

As to radiation from things like power cord and Schumann generators, in free space they extend to infinity, but eventually become indiscernible from the rest of the noise that they are now part of. Taking the Schumann box out of the room probably had no effect upon the field strength in the room other than mere distance, most interior walls would have little effect on it. The near field of a loop drops off with the third power of the distance on axis beyond one radius, so bending your elbow while you hold the device would have a tremendous effect on the field that hits you depending upon it's orientation but walking a few feet out of a reasonable sized room into another would have little effect as it's now a much weaker field and unless the orientation is exact, probably dropping with the square of the distance which was much further in the first place.

If there's anything that makes my eyes cross about much of this stuff, it's the belief in walls. Walls make a substantial effect on airborne waves since they are a very deliberate opaque to them. They wouldn't keep us snug otherwise. They may have an effect on light depending upon the material, but unless specially designed, they are largely transparent to RF energy.

So... by dint of my razor sharp logic, I conclude that the most likely thing walls affect is human judgement. This seems especially the case when a gadget is said to work in the house and in your car while you are in the house, but not on the step. If the effect stops by just moving it to an adjacent interior room, the effects seem limited to smell or judgment. And if it's smell, one should be able to tell by the transient response as smells linger.

You are spot on about listening tests. Any tests for that matter. You find what you look for. If what you are looking for is well correlated with what you care about, things are good, if not, well...

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.