Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

I don't know

so I have no postulate. I do know that the negative ions sound better, though: more of a sense of silence and greater dynamics and detail.

Of course in dealing with negative ions we are essentially dealing with electrons, a subatomic particle. I believe we are actually working with an electron surplus and not an ionized molecule like say OH-. Many so called ionizing machines work by generating ozone (O3-, but that has a rather distinctive smell which I do not detect with the tourmaline gear.

Since electricity works by the transfer of electrons... It may be a very far fetched postulate, but it may be that a surplus of electrons could actually be reducing the 1/f noise, so commonly found in electronic gear and circuits. I do believe we have not thoroughly explored the importance of ground circuits in most electronic design.

Of course, YMMV

S6tu

The Bybee purifiers claim to work upon that principle: a lowering of the 1/f noise, and in my experience they work extremely well. The tourmaline/negative ion devices do not work quite as well as the Bybee devices in my experience, but they do create a similar effect, just lower in amplitude.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I don't know - unclestu52 20:26:03 10/29/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.