Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

hahahahahaha....

As I said I do have a phiten necklace and there is no difference from the wristband in the car It would sit only 5-6 inches below my ears. Placing the wristband on my right arm displays no change in sound as the arm is constantly within the confines of the car.

Sorry, I don't drive much at night at all these days, but I would suspect that since traffic is lighter i would hear more, but that would be more due to ambient noise, wouldn't it?

On the other hand, sound in a car may be affected by the fact that the metal chassis and body may function as a Faraday cage, although the high ambient noise floor inherent is certainly a negative factor.

Shannon Dickson, the former writer for Stereophile, built a home which tied in the re bar in the flooring and the walls to create a pseudo Faraday cage. It was grounded in the middle of his sound room to three copper rods driven 12 feet deep to make the ground connection. I believe the contractors went nuts when he specified that the re bar was to have all welded joints in order to facilitate the shielding effect. Of course, re bar does make for a relatively poor conductor so I am nt sure how effective his cage was.

His listening room was extraordinarily quiet however. I did not get a chance to hear it, but an acquaintance who worked in the room said that once the doors were closed you could clearly hear the blood pulsing in your head. Shannon said that as a test of his room acoustics you could clearly hear Rickie Lee Jones' back up guitarist say "pick it up" a couple of times during her Pop Pop CD in the sing whose title starts off Spring has...I can't remember the rest. That was about 2 to 3 minutes into the song where her singing starts to slow in tempo. That's pretty good resolution, I dare say and unequaled in any other system I have heard.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.