Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The MAD HATTER tea party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am a firm believer that we do not have the whole picture when it comes to energy and sound."

And that statement is exactly my point. We may not have the whole picture but current industry knowledge of audio engineering goes way beyond the silly tweaks discussed here.

I can understand why you don't believe. You do not have the training and experience to understand the physics behind the technology. If you did you would see why many of these claims are simply not possible.

Just look at all the audio and video compression technology in the past 20 years. How were those algorithms developed without a very deep understanding of an audio or video waveform.

You have a bunch of weekend hobbyists arguing over which 2 inch wire sounds better coupling an RCA jack to a tube grid pin. Seriously, do you actually believe these discussions take place in the formal electronics industry? And keep with audio here. RF examples are not relevant to audio circuits.

Where is the commercial application of these tube forum theories? And by commercial I mean established electronic industries, not some garage based amp manufacture.

There is none. The people who make design decisions on a professional level do not subscribe to this junk science. Sure you can do what ever you want on the weekend in your garage or basement but that doesn't not give the theory any additional merit.

Don't you ever wonder why all these wire theories are limited strictly to hobbyist consumer audio applications? What about the billion dollar computer industry. Why do they have no interest in these wire follies? If all that crap Tube Wrangler posts about "transfer efficiency: were true, it would be worth a fortune in the computer industry.

Do you honestly believe a group of largely untrained audio hobbyists have discovered technologies that the major universities and industry has overlooked? This audio wire crap has been going on for at least 30 years now and yet there is not one example of accredited evidence for these claims?

Again after 30 plus years!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.