Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I agree 100%

"But if there is a chance that we will come up with a new machine or proof that explains why silver sounds different than copper, then you will have to live with the fact you do not know it can't."

If somebody comes up with a way to prove that silver wire in a previously un-measurable way does improve audio quality over copper wire, yes I will have to accept that as will the entire electronics community.

But like I said, we have been waiting for 35 years so far assuming most of this audiophile wire stuff started in the early 1980s.

So until such a device is invented that can measure a difference, there remains no credible scientific evidence. All we have are subjective opinions, primarily from people who lack any electrical engineering knowledge.

And BTW, it's not that silver wire or silver in general has not been studied for electrical properties. In fact quite the opposite. Silver in just one example is used extensively in high performance microwave electronics. I have been inside many satellite grade RF systems within the broadcast industry where silver wiring is used and required.

This just further proves there is no advantageous application to base band audio. We do understand the properties of silver and electrical conduction quite well. But again the weekend garage experimenter has no idea of broadcast microwave systems or other industrial and medical applications of silver wiring. You view the entire electronics world through the circuitry of a 1930s amplifier design.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I agree 100% - gusser 15:38:50 03/10/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.