Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

The MAD HATTER tea party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the same old stuff. Guys you can not hear or refuse to and then the ones who can hear trying to come up with their theory why it is different. You seem to want to open a discussion about different wire and sound but the usual same group of people seem to take over.

I will let you in on a story that happened years ago. I was shopping for speakers in L.A. Went to a place in the valley who had a certain speaker I was looking for at the time. He had Walker front end turntable and c.d. player and tons of high dollar stuff I could not afford. I saw these power cords going to the tube amps we were using and said what are those? He said those are home made braided 10 gauge solid copper wire you get at home depot. He thought it sounded the best in this system.

So here is a guy who make his living selling high dollar 100.000 systems who is using a cheap DIY power cord. I did make a couple of these but prefer another DIY one in my systems. So snake oil I do not think so. It should sound better because it was cheap and looked unfinished I do not think so.

So maybe to contribute something to your inquiry if you can find a copy to the late Allen Wright's book The SuperCables cookbook, there is some interesting information and theories. I tend to be a solid silver DIY guy. I also tend to go to larger gauge than Allen's smaller gage.

Your last sentence is where you lose this group. They want to believe one size fits all, talk about snake oil???

Enjoy the ride
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.