Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The MAD HATTER tea party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There is 11% where maybe some of Dennis ideas may have some merit. OK when they try to explain why is as bad as you saying it can't. "

If the theory behind Dennis' explanations are provably wrong I see no reason not to correct Dennis.

Someone, with a small knowledge base, might read Dennis' stuff and get very confused. Start following that false path and never get back on track.

That person might be the one that would have come up with some real answers to the things we don't already understand but can't because he listened to Dennis' BS and never made it back to reality.

I can give you many examples of things that Dennis has said that are just plan wrong and makes me think he has no idea of how audio electronics work.

Every time I think "there's no way Dennis could say anything more ignorant" he makes another post and proves me wrong.

What would you have me do? Just keep my mouth shut and let false statements stand?

We don't know everything but we do know what we know.

Just down this thread Dennis said, "It's because that bandwidth encompasses many different
bandwidths, all happening both at once, and in different
time references simultaneously. What is desired is a wire
that doesn't delay musical transient "A" while trying to
pass musical transient "B" at the same time....."

It sounds to me as if Dennis thinks a musical signal is more than one signal with 2 (or more) different peaks at the same time.

Here's one of the things that we do know,

Quoting myself, "Even though the signal in the wire of an audio amplifier is made up of many different signals, they have been mixed together and have become one composite signal.

At any given moment the amplitude of that signal is singular."

Or how about the time when Dennis said (while posting about the current in a SET output tube who's peak current is 120ma.) there are "hundreds of amps" of current flowing within that 120ma. envelope.

Again, to me, this just shows Dennis' lack of understand and I see no reason to just let false statements like that stand without being challenged.

Do you?

We all can think whatever we want and say whatever we want but when something is said that is totally wrong I have the right to correct it.

Does that make me the bad guy?

In the end, how a person responds the sound coming out of the speaker is subjective but how electrons behave in wire (or a tube, or a transformer....etc...) is not subjective but a matter of physics.

BTW I think saying 11% is unknown is way off base. maybe 1%, maybe less.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.