Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The MAD HATTER tea party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what av stuff is??? But in regards to Formal education mine was business and automotive. So in the formal it was more DC than Ac. The ac stuff just became a hobby 15 years ago. I can do the math and have test equipment but my ears get the final say. Also done research so the blind testing etc are not foreign to me.

Let's get to the real issue here. You can not hear or choose not to hear differences in components. You conclude from this that people who can are nuts, uneducated, or being led down the path by the alpha dog. I could play music by ear since I was in 5th grade. Played in stage, concert, and marching bands. Also some orchestras. That is probably more important to this discussion than I only got a B in calculus.

I am a firm believer that we do not have the whole picture when it comes to energy and sound. So I build and listen so if the sugar pill comes in different flavors I want the one that taste the best to me. So when E over I times R starts making music maybe I will jump into your finite camp. I forgot science came to a stand still in 2017 we will never get a new machine or law or for that matter a better understanding of what is going on. I realize that this will fall on deaf ears but maybe it might make people who can hear share their ideas.

Enjoy the ride
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.