Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The MAD HATTER tea party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tre'

You are not the bad guy. Dennis and Jeff like to WAG lots of things. The only reason I posted at all is the blind test show me on paper guys assume that there are not people who hear and feel music. And the numbers do not always match.

There are the number guys who say they can not hear the differences in caps. Shit you would have to be tone deaf not to pick that up. Wire is not as drastic. If 2 inches where a big deal I would guess out of the mc cart.

On the let's listen to the experts front we just had all the number guys tell us what pieces of crap interstage transformers are. Bandwidth/phase shift etc... You would be crazy to use them in a phono stage. You think I have not built lots and lots of phono stages with all the math approved parts. Well I am not selling interstages and a resistor and cap can be a lot cheaper but how about when we drop the cart on the lp.

The main point which is always lost, in this endless debate, is does it sound like real music out of the speaker. Music is my passion not math and graphs. Go to the audio shows and listen to the crap people are buying, that should tell you how many people can hear or care.

On the 1% front, infinity might be larger than you think???

Enjoy the ride
Tom

Edits: 03/10/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.