Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"Audio affords us an excellent paradigm of this process.?" Indeed you are far too entrnched

in the age old debates of audio to see clearly. How can "audio" (by audio I think we are both talking about that which is and has been hotly debated by "objectivists" and "subjectivists" over the years) be a paradigm of science when it hasn't even been touched by science?
That is where the debate needs to go. the question subjectivists need to be raising isn't what is wrong with science but where is the science? That is the dirty little secret. there ain't none. Objectivists have conned subjectivists into believing that their ideas and beliefs really are coming from genuine scientific investigation. Don't blame the scientific community for the misrepresentations of "objectivists" about science. Just hold the "objectivists" to the same standards they try to hold subjectivists to and watch them run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Lets not throw the bay out with the bathwater. Real science is a good thing.

Please note that when I refer to "objectivists" I am refering to the nutty ones like Tom Nousaine and Howard Fesrtler. I know there are actually rational open minded objectivists out there. I'm not talking about them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • "Audio affords us an excellent paradigm of this process.?" Indeed you are far too entrnched - Analog Scott 10:44:55 04/05/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.