Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"Please give people credit for having the intelligence to know whether they heard just a 'difference' "

Studies have consistently shown that merely telling an audiophile that you have two components (A and B) for a comparison, when in fact there is only one component in use, will lead to audiophiles saying they prefer either A or B between 50% and 75% of the time, when in fact they are listening to the same component playing at the same volume meaning THERE IS NO POSSIBLE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE!

If you trust the reliability of a Golden Ear audiophile who reads a positive review and then auditions a new audio product or tweak with a salesmen like you telling him what to hear, then you have learned absolutely nothing of value as an audiophile.

Perhaps this 'I know what I hear and could not be wrong' belief puts money in your pocket ... "I know what I hear" is more audiophile ego than fact.
Richard BassNut Greene
Subjective Audiophile 2007

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • "Please give people credit for having the intelligence to know whether they heard just a 'difference' " - Richard BassNut Greene 17:59:13 04/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.