Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

A not very responsive answer.

PR
"advanced audio products (aka "controversial tweaks" as they are known around these parts)"

Well, controversial tweaks such as the Intelligent Chip certainly exist. But there doesn't seem to be any evidence the IC works beyond affecting perception through the biases inherent in knowing they are being used. Where's the proof they make the sound any different? What do they actually do besides cost money and just sit there?

PR
"Great, so investigate the phenomenon."

Why should he, unless he's selling them or claiming they affect audio signal in a significant way? As a sensible consumer, I simply don't want to spend money or time on unproven tweaks. All my equipment has known functions and performs them quite well. My CDP plays CDs, my amplifier amplifies the line level signals input, my speakers transduce the amplifier signal into sound waves. What does the Intelligent Chip do?

This raises the question of just what phenomenon there is to be investigated. Each case must be taken individually, of course, but the same considerations apply.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.