Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Hey Posy...

Jim wrote:

>>Are you still Stalking Chan Marshall? :-) <<

That's the -second- time you've taken the time to do background research on me. Maybe I should ask if you're still stalking me?!

Well that was a long time ago Jim, but if you must know, I was never "stalking" Chan to begin with. Those people on the Matador forums are hysterical. And I don't mean "haha" hysterical. Also, very immature, I might add. The motive behind the request came from the fact that I'd been writing to Jolie Holland (a really talented musician out of Texas), and something I wrote to her was misconstrued, and gave her the impression that Chan had told me that she's heard of her and liked her music. Jolie was very flattered, because she was a fan of Ms. Marshall, and her bandmate even more so. Of course I was a little embarrassed about the misconstruction and didn't know how to explain that it wasn't necessarily so.

So.... I had Matador forward an email of mine to Chan, asking her to listen to Jolie's new album, and maybe if she likes it, send along a few words of encouragement that might help inspire Jolie during the process of her second album, which she was in the middle of completing (and which, I must say, is every bit as good as the first). I thought that if Chan did, the problem would "fix it itself". Of course, you made quite a different assumption about all this, didn't you? That's okay. I know how fond you are of "understanding by assumption", and would never ask you to do otherwise. ;-)

And as we can see by the unanimous majority opinion of the Matador forumers, "common sense" proves that I was stalking Chan, Occam's Razor supports the majority opinion of "stalking", and my vote doesn't count for squat since I can't prove the majority opinion wrong by way of scientific peer-review.... So even though it means we're going to have to completely redefine the term "stalking", I guess according to your rules to live by, I -was- stalking Chan Marshall. But don't worry, I know where she lives. I'm going to wait in the bushes outside her front door and wait for her to come in, so I can apologize for the stalking. (Or if I see she's already in, I'll just tap on her back window until she opens up, so I can apologize for the stalking).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.