Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: A not very responsive answer.

I have asked whether IC works! I haven't asked how it works. I am not interested in speculations as to how it works until it has been established that it does work. As far as I know, that has not been done.

PR
"There is no shortage of empirical evidence the IC works, . . . "

You would have to tell me what you mean by "empirical evidence," because as far as I know, all we have are anecdotes from users, which are totally unreliable except for showing that some people perceive it works. I don't consider Ken Kessler much of an authority: I see no evidence that he used a reliable methodology. Auditory perception overdetects, as jj put it.

There has been a controlled DBT, though, but it achieved a null result. Hardly surprising.

PR
"At one time, ALL of your audio equipment was unproven science."

Complete nonsense. I'm quite sure my components reflect a lot of applied science.

The point about the components in my system having basic and easily demonstrable audio functions was simply to compare with the IC (or that silly little clock), among others, which apparently don't. Whether the equipment comes from Circuit City or Singers is irrelevant to the point being made. I suppose if I stuck the IC on the inside of the speaker grilles in front of the tweeters it would have an audible effect . . .

Your remarks implying my system is of poor quality are an argumentem ad hominem, and a failed one at that. My system components are listed in Inmate Systems on this site.

For the price of an Intelligent Chip, I could buy a CD or two--which would have an audible effect!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.