Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You are an accident on the way to happening

"I hope I'm not standing anywhere near you....when you reach for that vial of sulfuric acid."

You have no clue, period! We are not talking about the mundane aspects of lab work. Proper handling of materials is one of the first things taught in any laboratory (at the high school chemistry level no less). If you had a clue you would know this.

"worked for the largest scientific research consorteum in the world"
yeah doing what?

"And that's just one place I've rubbed elbows with scientists daily over my lifetime." "I've been in more labs than I can remember"

Rubbing elbows doesn't make their intelligence and insight rub off on you, soundmind. Do you think walking into laboratories makes you a scientist? If so then the cleaning ladies that come into MY laboratories (I have two that I am responsible for) would also qualify, as I am sure they have been in more labs than you even if it is to mop the floor. I have rubbed elbows, performed experiments with, written peer reviewed papers with, and given presentations in front of hundreds of other scientists for the last 15 years, so you will forgive me if I think I know more about what is involved than you.

Please, soundmind, give me a break, you are no scientist and rubbing elbows with them doesn't make you one even if it helps you to parrot their way of speaking. Please point me to one publication where you contributed sufficiently to have your name on it. You claim a patent, show me.

"stick to your chemicals...preferably water. It's not completely safe but it's less dangerous than most of what you probably have access to."

It frightens me to think of anything large in mechanical or electrical that you *might* have had a hand in designing. That is if any such thing exists. FWIW, I have never had a serious chemical burn, poisoning nor have I ever destroyed expensive lab equipment (but I have singlehandedly repaired half-million dollar high energy laser systems). On the other hand, I have designed and built my own analytical instrumentation. I have posted the link to the commercial manufacturer before.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You are an accident on the way to happening - morricab 17:53:19 08/26/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.