Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Even If You Are Trolling.....

"Who does Dan criticize in his post?"

When he stated: I will assume at this point considering my experience, that folks who think negative feedback is the curse of audio, prefer the noise and lack of information units without negative feedback give.

First of all, Dan cited a CD player and switching amp that both had no feedback and to him sounded awful. Call me ignorant, but I personally think *most* CD players and switching amps sound awful, regardless of whether or not they have feedback. What he heard that was awful may have been due to the lack of feedback, but it could have been a variety of other things as well.

But my point is he hears sonic anomalies which he *thinks* are attributable to the lack of feedback in the design, and then presumes those who prefer less feedback in essence prefer having such anomalies in the sound. If he merely stated he hears those sonic anomalies without having to go as far as stating that others prefer such anomalies, that would have been fine. I've personally heard sonic anomalies in products which others like, yet it should be taken as a different perspective, not as the opposing perspective being questionable.
Affordable Health Care

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.