Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Agreed

"You are just being dumb, Soundmind. They chose the JC-1's because they drive the speakers properly."

And nobody else's can? How deaf must the rest of the world be not to see that? BTW, I know another guy who would argue vehemently with you about your amplifiers. He'd claim a Japanese manufactured pair of SETs for a mere $250,000 are far superior sounding and run rings around yours.

"AR-2a's, are these your reference standard?"

NO of course not. But in some ways, their manufacture was outstanding, in others it was awful. As a relative economy model 40 years ago, they still produce remarkable bass and their woofer surrounds are still in tact operating perfectly. And they were built like a tank using steel plate frames instead of the cheaper stamped frames used later on in AR2ax. They were sealed with what may have been the best putty on earth, still soft, complant, and stickier than many glues after all these years. Getting them apart without damaging them was tough. But it was worth it. With some creative tinkering, I have turned them into remarkably fine speakers, surprising even to me. BTW, I may be about to acquire another pair of AR9s, a far better choice and performer after some tinkering than anything I saw at the VTV show in May.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Agreed - Soundmind 16:16:41 08/25/06 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.