Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Again you miss the point; but I've learned to expect that. nt

"There is a bunch of Audiophiles on various forums who praise this/these units to the skies and call it a giant killer"

Most of us dismiss this for what it is, Dan, people happy that something so cheap doesn't sound like complete crap. I thought we were talking about serious amp design here not mass market garbage. I am note even sure it sounds better than the usual so-called "linear" amplifier available at this price.

I haven't heard a Class D amp yet that sounds anything close to what real music sounds like with the exception of the (very expensive) Sharp. This one sounds like a very good SS amp with soft high frequencies (soft as in not grating to the ears). All the rest I have heard fail in the HF (no surprise there is it?) and just generally have a funny overall tonal balance. I have heard many types, ICE, tripath, hypex, Ucd, proprietary, etc. There are definite differences but none sounds right and I think the HF noise is a major culprit as is the overall harmonic distortion spectrum these amps produce.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Again you miss the point; but I've learned to expect that. nt - morricab 10:49:20 08/23/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.