Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You can't even seem to understand yourself

You said, "He said he measuered noise from the 7th harmonic of 5 khz down -120 db for the cheapest $1 Radio Shack interconnect cable (the worst he could find) and down -135 db for the best cable he could find. This dispelled any lingering doubts I might have had about inexpensive interconnect cables being far more than adequate for use in ANY sound system."

If this isn't another way to say, "they all sound the same look at how low the distortion is on even the cheapest cable" then please by all means tell me what you mean.

"I also said that insofar as the only legitimate function of an audio interconnect cable for a consumer audio system, the inexpensive interconnects function as perfectly as can be desired and any problems with the performance of a sound system would be far better off resolved by investigating and changing other areas than to experiment with expensive, unpredictible, uncontrollable audiophile type cables. "

Sorry but this is just a very roundabout way of saying that "all cables sound the same and even if they don't the expensive ones that sound different to the cheap ones must be F*(ç/*" up". How do you know the inexpensive cables are designed properly?? Have you tested them yourself? Has anyone bothered to actually test the giveaway cables or cheap radio shack ones?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.